
So, I live with Jill and Lauren. Jill is another one of the associate directors at Wesley. I am so thankful that I get to work with her. We get along really well and are similar in a lot of ways. Sometimes people see that and take it too far by concluding that we are exactly alike or that we are like the same person or something. When we dress alike as we did this evening (we were both wearing a light yellow shirt over a white tank top, Jill was wearing a black calf length skirt and I was wearing black gauchos which if you don't know, incidentally look very similar to a black calf length skirt). We are NOT exactly alike but I like her a lot.
Lauren is a first year law student here at UGA. She is new to Athens and does not attend Wesley. Lauren is like a breath of fresh air for Jill and me. We are inundated with Wesley. Our work and social lives revolve around this place and these people. Lauren brings a totally fresh perspective.
Sometimes Jill and I will be talking and laughing about the day and we realize that Lauren thinks we are crazy! This place is normal to us, but to Lauren it just seems bizarre. I'm realizing more and more that unless you have ever been involved here at Wesley, its hard to imagine what its like. Since some of you have never experienced everyday life at Wesley I want to share some funny stories with you...just to give you a taste of what its like...
By Thursday afternoon our staff is stir crazy. They are all ready for the weekend; tired of serious, deep conversation, and ready for some good, wholesome fun.
- This afternoon the boys thought it would be a good idea to pull out golf clubs and drive ping pong balls down the hallway towards the prayer chapel. It was very unlikely that anyone could have been hurt, but somehow swinging a driver in the middle of the office just seemed dangerous and frightening.
- A few weeks ago the weather had just begun to warm up. Spring fever had hit everyone. Before we knew it the whole staff was out in the ally between our two buildings running football drills! I am proud to say that I had the fastest time of all the girl directors.
- One Thursday, a few of our interns thought it would be a great idea for one person to sit on a rolling desk chair, for another person to give the chair a shove and then to measure how far it travelled down the hallway! After some pretty close calls, other interns began to line the brick hallway with pillows and cushions to keep the traveller from running into walls and door frames! Brilliant idea guys.
- During the month of February on of the associate directors decided that we needed to break the world record for largest earwax collection by a nonprofit organization! One afternoon a large number of ear candles were purchased and staff members stationed themselves all over the intern office to remove the earwax from their ears and donate for the cause (reference the picture above!).
I will try to think of some other wonderful stories to share with you later! One of our core values here at Wesley is fun...and it definitely is!!!
Lauren is a first year law student here at UGA. She is new to Athens and does not attend Wesley. Lauren is like a breath of fresh air for Jill and me. We are inundated with Wesley. Our work and social lives revolve around this place and these people. Lauren brings a totally fresh perspective.
Sometimes Jill and I will be talking and laughing about the day and we realize that Lauren thinks we are crazy! This place is normal to us, but to Lauren it just seems bizarre. I'm realizing more and more that unless you have ever been involved here at Wesley, its hard to imagine what its like. Since some of you have never experienced everyday life at Wesley I want to share some funny stories with you...just to give you a taste of what its like...
By Thursday afternoon our staff is stir crazy. They are all ready for the weekend; tired of serious, deep conversation, and ready for some good, wholesome fun.
- This afternoon the boys thought it would be a good idea to pull out golf clubs and drive ping pong balls down the hallway towards the prayer chapel. It was very unlikely that anyone could have been hurt, but somehow swinging a driver in the middle of the office just seemed dangerous and frightening.
- A few weeks ago the weather had just begun to warm up. Spring fever had hit everyone. Before we knew it the whole staff was out in the ally between our two buildings running football drills! I am proud to say that I had the fastest time of all the girl directors.
- One Thursday, a few of our interns thought it would be a great idea for one person to sit on a rolling desk chair, for another person to give the chair a shove and then to measure how far it travelled down the hallway! After some pretty close calls, other interns began to line the brick hallway with pillows and cushions to keep the traveller from running into walls and door frames! Brilliant idea guys.
- During the month of February on of the associate directors decided that we needed to break the world record for largest earwax collection by a nonprofit organization! One afternoon a large number of ear candles were purchased and staff members stationed themselves all over the intern office to remove the earwax from their ears and donate for the cause (reference the picture above!).
I will try to think of some other wonderful stories to share with you later! One of our core values here at Wesley is fun...and it definitely is!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment